When I'm not working, riding, skating, running, walking, eating, playing volleyball, or sleeping, I have free time. My hope is to carve out this little corner of the world to chronicle my adventures (in both my free and occupied times) and share my thoughts on life (and Greek yogurt, which, if you haven't tried, is like life's superfood). If you like hockey, horses, food, fitness, sports, interesting articles (mostly related to life, living, and the pursuit of happiness), self-empowerment, music, art, or just living in general-- I think we might be able to get a good thing going here.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

"Everywhere I go, there I am": A Beginning

I think it's only fair to start off with an intro post. For those of you that know me, you know that I have to be doing something at all times, and that I go a little cray-cray when I don't. My current general life activities include:
  • Working at my awesome company with my awesome manager and coworkers (I'm not bs-ing you... these are some of the coolest people I've ever met, hands down)
  • Playing summer hockey at UD on Tuesdays before the sun comes up
  • Playing winter hockey at CCSC with the boys after the sun goes down
  • Riding my awesome athlete of a horse, Cecilia
  • Getting my MBA at University of Delaware
  • Spending time with D
  • Shopping for Greek Yogurt (we'll talk about this more in detail later)
  • Researching healthy yet still delicious recipes for snacks and meals
  • Running
  • Walking
  • Reading the Huffington Post
  • Reading CNN
  • Reading my Facebook news feed as if it were CNN
  • Reacting (in)appropriately to FB news of all of my childhood friends getting engaged or having children
  • Stalking on FB and raising awareness for Priscilla Godsoe who WILL be in the Olympics in 2016
  • Apparently, being unhealthily addicted to facebook. Are you?
  • Musing (read: often times, ruminating) on life, death, friendship, relationships, and everything in between
  • Trying to reflect on being thankful for everything I have
  • Managing the transition (that's business jargon for "scratching and clawing my way") from early-twenties to "young adult"
You wouldn't believe half the hilarious, miraculous, delightful, sad, frustrating, just all around, epic (really) stuff that goes down during my day-to-day, and I need a concrete place to store all of the laughs, ideas, recipes, training plans, business thoughts, random philosophical theories, and things I am thankful for. While I'm not sure everyone is quite prepared to hop on the "Katie's internal thoughts" bandwagon-- I would like to make this something that everybody could relate to and enjoy if they so choose to read on. Though I do my best to navigate through life in color, class, and style (on a reality and e-basis), please don't be offended if some of these stories are a little "much." One of my favorite mantras to live by is the touted "One must, at all costs, keep it real."

So that being said, stay tuned-- if you like hockey, horses, food, fitness, sports, interesting articles (mostly related to life, living, and the pursuit of happiness), self-empowerment, music, art, or just LIFE in general-- I think we might be able to get a good thing going here.

"I’ve got 2 things in common with Albert Einstein ; we both think we’re done for without any honey bees and…we don’t see any need to comb our hair." - Ron Bennington (Some friends will have an everlasting impact on our lives, a funny way of infusing our personalities with some of theirs, and we become alike and bonded in a way that can't be explained-- near or far, they are always in our hearts, our thoughts, our speech, and our actions. One in particular, taught me how to think like no one's ever thought before, and without him, I wouldn't be me. DDD.)

Get excited... ^ this is up next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment